Customer Service Agent
Customer Service Agent
Length: 6 months
Working hours: 9-5 PM
Location of candidates is ideally Manchester but we can be flexible on location as the position can be fully remote for the duration of the 6 month contract.
About the role:
- Provide support and guidance for customers during difficult life events through a range of mediums e.g. written, verbal etc. prioritising the customer experience.
- Undertaking of exception tasks allocated by Line Manager across a wide number of operational services.
- Use Data to identify opportunities to enhance/improve the Customer Journey.
- Support SME, Line Manager in the running of the service.
- Represent the team on complaint reduction initiatives.
- Deputise for Team Leader on Improvement programmes.
What will you be doing?
- Undertake a range of customer and product related exception activities, in accordance with company policy, procedures and scheme rules / regulations to deliver excellent customer service and maintain compliance.
- Dealing with customers in an empathetic way, utilising empowered decision making and a ‘can do’ attitude to provide the best outcome for the customer and the bank
- Achieve and exceed individual and function performance targets.
- Undertake regular control duties to ensure effective, efficient and compliant operation of the team and the function.
- Deal with customer requests, providing clear and well-reasoned responses to enquiries in writing or by telephone, carrying out general administrative tasks.
- Adhere to policy / regulation where required.
What we’re looking for:
- Financial services background is advantageous
- Strong experience in customer service
- Mathematics and English Language GCSE minimum Grade C or equivalent.
- Highly numerate – able to use excel to sense check calculations.
- Good written communication skills – able to write well-structured letters utilising correct form, spelling and grammar.
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Ability to analyse data is desirable.
- Data Savvy and ability to interrogate data.
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add valu