Customer Service Advisor
Customer Service Advisor
- Location: Northampton
- Duration: 6 months
- Pay rate: £15.24/hour
- Working hours: 35 hours/ week (2 days in the office)
- Temporary contract with a view to go permanent based on performance
Working pattern - 3 different shifts normally by rotation (Monday to Friday):
No previous banking knowledge is needed. We are looking for experience in a call centre or in a customer-focused role, but this can be from retail, hospitality, travel or any customer related industry.
To get you off to a great start, you’ll begin the contract with a four-week training programme, where you’ll learn about Barclays, banking and the role. This training runs from Monday to Friday, from 9-5pm. After the training there will be 2 weeks supported post training.
After this, you’ll join the team in our customer call centre, which operates from Monday to Friday, between 8am and 6pm. You’ll work 35 hours a week during these hours. Initially, this will be a hybrid role, where you’ll work at home and onsite (2 days) in the call centre.
Build your skills with Barclays
At Barclays, our goal is to deliver an extraordinary customer experience every time. And our Customer Care team are the people that make it happen. Working at our customer contact centre in Northampton, you’ll connect with customers, resolving their problems and making every customers’ experience a positive one.
We’ll build your expertise in our products, policies and processes with an initial four-week training programme. Then we’ll provide ongoing support, to help you refine your knowledge and develop your skills. You don’t need call centre experience or financial services expertise, just strong communication skills and a customer-focused approach.
What does the Barclays Payments Merchant Services (BPMS) team do?
The teams within BPMS Operations deliver first class customer service performance to Corporate & Small Business (SME) via a number of channels including inbound telephony, digital contact and internal stakeholder referrals.
How will you help Barclays’ customers?
- Respond to customer queries and provide excellent end-to-end servicing for Business Customers
- Deal with complaints where necessary to drive positive outcomes and then share best practice to prevent further issues
- Inbound calling with occasional outbound calling
- Work with different communication tools, including telephone and electronic communications, such as email, SMS, Chat
- Break down customer queries and draw on a range of information to fully understand the cause, impact and solution
- Use Barclays internal systems to make sure customers’ records are accurately maintained and up to date
- The ability to communicate with customers in an easy to understand and efficient way
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to use Microsoft Office tools to a high standard
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrollment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.