Customer Service Advisor (Community Banker)
Community Banker (Customer Service)
Length: 3 months
Working pattern: 35 hours per week - four full days 9am to 4.30pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Going forward this may include Saturdays with one of the days off in the week. With half an hour lunch.
Barclays Bank is looking for a Community Banker to join their team on a contract basis to provide an exceptional customer experience by providing excellent service that helps customers to achieve their ambitions and meet their day to day banking needs.
What will you be doing?
- Participating fully in team meetings and huddles, being proactive in sharing new ideas of how to improve things for the team and for customers.
- Being proactive, visible and engaging. Providing effective banking hall coordination and assist customers with their essential everyday needs, providing every day banking solutions where appropriate.
- Undertaking till management and till balancing and taking responsibility for cash management and controls. Completing all back office and administration activities such as updating customer records and building customer contact information.
- Keeping your knowledge our products and services up to date
- Delighting the customer by offering a professional, caring, consistent and outstanding level of customer service, whereby an emotional connection with the customer is built.
- Striving to exceed customer expectations and being empowered to deal with customer requests at first point of contact.
What we’re looking for:
- Being able to organise your own time, effectively manage your customer diary and react to periods of heavy customer footfall.
- Extensive customer service experience.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Banking background is beneficial
Where will you be working?
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.