Customer Relations Executive
Customer Relations Executive
Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role
Take ownership of an exceptional customer and client experience and strengthen relationships by effectively engaging with customers and clients on their terms within a multi-channel environment. The role will investigate emotive and complex customer and client queries, concerns and complaints related to an extensive range of products and services to understand the cause, impact and solution. Working proactively and collaboratively with other colleagues across the Barclays Group, the role will deliver great customer outcomes to create advocates of Barclays.
- Investigate customer/client queries, concerns and complaints whilst withholding judgement, using the conversation cycle and role modelling mutual respect. Utilise all resources to assess and evaluate situations at pace.
- Embrace the freedom to identify and agree the right solution for the customer/client, using your ability and your licence to wow
- Always think and act customer, involving customers/clients in determining outcomes that are best for them, understanding their short, medium and long term needs
- Balance different viewpoints and customer/client insight with policies to reach the right customer outcome that is within the best interest of the Bank to create customer advocacy
- Experience in delivering exceptional customer/client interactions in a professional and caring manner
- Natural empathiser with the willingness and ability to understand others point of view and to build rapport with customers /clients
- Desire to embrace the freedom provided to do the right thing for the customer/client to derive the right outcome and exceed customer expectations
- Ability to break down complex issues and assimilate a wide range of information to fully understand cause, impact and solution
- Ability to balance different viewpoints, customer/client insight and policies to reach the right customer and Bank outcome
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with a strong attention to detail in preparing for each contact and approaching each investigation using own judgement to balance with pace
Where will you be working?
Northampton / Cardiff
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.