Customer Relations Executive
Are you passionate about empathising with customers and providing a five-star service?
Is one of your key skills understanding problems and finding solutions?
Do you have excellent communication skills gained from working in the retail, hospitality, travel or any customer related industry?
If you answered yes and you are interested in working with a multinational corporate investment bank, then this could be the role for you!
No previous banking knowledge is needed. You can apply from the retail, hospitality, travel or any customer related industry. Your integrity, communication and empathy is what we are looking for.
Length: 6 months (initially).
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week Monday to Friday 9am-5pm with flexible hours)
Barclays Bank is looking for a Customer Relations Executive to join the Customer Relations team on a contract basis to provide a world class service in customer claims and complaints handling.
Your main role will involve acting as a point of resolution for customers who have complaints, providing timely, accurate and comprehensive responses to customers and their appropriate representatives.
How are you going to help Barclays’ customers?
- Take ownership of complaints and resolve them by telephone and mail
- Deal with complex customer situations and aggrieved, angry and frustrated customers
- Undertake a detailed review of protracted and difficult complaints with the aim of resolving as many cases as possible prior to issuing the Bank’s Final Response
- Develop and deliver timely, accurate and effective responses in a timely manner using the appropriate communication medium (written or verbal)
- Identify wherever possible, ways of resolving complaints to the customer’s complete satisfaction
- Produce exemplary written responses to customers that are grammatically and factually accurate, empathetic and clear
- Keep customers informed of the progress made in resolving their complaint
- Support root cause analysis activity to identify complaints trends and contribute to mitigating the reputational and financial risk of complaints
- Clearly communicate requirements to other business areas when information is required to resolve complaints and follow up on these
- Identify areas for improvement within the business and acting to address as agreed with the line manager
You will enjoy this role if you are…
- Analytical to determine cause of complex issues, including ability to assess and understand the associated reputational risk posed by serious customer complaints
- Able to empathise with and quell customer anger and discern fact from supposition; often the crux of a complaint lies in resolving “difference of opinions”
- Confident to make decisions (often under pressure), exercise judgment and use initiative
- Organised with the ability to work alone to resolve individual complaints, and be a participating and supportive team player
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.