Customer Relations Associate
Customer Relations Associate
Location: Glasgow (remote originally)
Length: 6 months
Our Customer Experience Centres of Excellence lead the experience our customers receive from Barclays through our 360 channels as well as manage all the complaints that are logged by our colleagues across our channels. Our Customer Experience Team are a passionate team of problem solvers who are collectively empowered to achieve the right outcome in the right way for our customers, creating advocates of Barclays. We are a strong team of 4000 customer obsessed experts who work with a smart technology to focus on exceeding expectations and turning customers into loyal fans. The team use complaint insight to understand which customer experiences (or journeys) can be improved and in turn reduce the number of complaints we receive and drive positive increases to our NPS scores.
Overall purpose of role
To deliver an exceptional customer and client experience, and strengthen relationships by effectively engaging with customers and clients on their terms within a multi-channel environment. The role will investigate emotive customer and client queries, concerns and complaints relating to technical financial service products of varying complexity. Working proactively and collaboratively with other colleagues across the Barclays Group, the role will deliver great customer outcomes to create advocates of Barclays.
• Investigate technical and complex customer /client queries concerns and complaints on a range of regulated and non-regulated Wealth management products such as advisory or discretionary investments, pension investments, trusts and structured credit agreements. Objectively analyse and assess the suitability of advice given at the point of sale and utilise all resources to assess and evaluate situations at pace.
• Take ownership of technical and complex customer complaints and those where litigation may commence and respond to external stakeholders including the Financial Ombudsman (FOS) and Claims Management Companies (CMCs). Identify systemic risk issues and provide timely accurate responses and collaborate to develop fair outcomes.
• Support leaders with high profile and complex/technical customer scenarios where the business are struggling to find solutions, through escalation and collaboration across group colleagues.
• To carry out bespoke redress methodologies and create bespoke calculations for investment complaints and take into consideration any appropriate tax legislation.
• To support colleagues in the investigation of technical financial service product complaints e.g. advised regulated sales complaints.
• To be responsible for enhanced sign off limits to approve significant redress payments calculated by colleagues on a variety of complex payment types.
• To be Subject Matter Expert on key strategic projects providing input and guidance and support where required.
• Proactively analyse functional performance, identify and recommend processes, systems and colleague improvements that will have a positive impact on the colleague and customer journey.
• Take an active interest in the local community and get involved in activities that support Barclays contribution to the wider community needs and citizenship.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
• Collaborate effectively with colleagues across Barclays, supporting leaders up to Director/ Managing Director level to create a seamless customer/client experience and great customer outcomes.
• Actively manage stakeholders up to Director Level to provide summary of cases, suggested resolutions and responses to customers.
• Work in partnership with business risk and compliance teams.
• Provide stakeholder updates on identified trends through presentations and reports
• Bring your whole self to work, using your personality to provide a positive noticeable experience, recognising the personal impact you have on interacting with colleagues and the way customers/clients feel.
• Work closely with Team leaders to identify colleague knowledge and skills gaps and to support performance improvement.
• Coach and support colleagues to improve their quality of complaint resolution, to constantly deliver positive noticeable customer experiences, and great customer outcomes.
Decision-making and Problem Solving.
• Confidently challenge what is not right and influence what is, identifying opportunities for improvement using all feedback loops.
• Identify root causes of complaints and ensure accurate information and details are captured throughout the end to end customer journey to allow meaningful analysis by Specialist teams.
• In partnership with Team Leader and Senior Leadership positively embrace and embed change activity and improvements into the team.
• Risk and Control Objective
• Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
• Extensive experience in financial regulated and non-regulated products including advisory or discretionary investments, pension investments, trusts and structured credit agreements or a relevant professional qualification – preferably G60, or FPC , or certificate for Financial Advisors (CEFA)
• Experience in delivering exceptional customer/client interactions in a professional and caring manner
• Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing and able to gather information and deliver outcomes clearly and effectively
• Able to present well-reasoned arguments at a senior level including Chief Executive Officers (CEOs), Managing Directors, and to legal specialists , accountants and solicitors.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills with a strong attention to detail
• Experienced in multiple channels of digital communication
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.