Customer Relations Advisor
Customer Relations Advisor
Location: Cardiff – 4 days WFH, 1 day in office - likely to be a Friday in office – return to office is evolving and will establish office rota
The Channels teams are responsible for developing and delivering personalised and perfect UK Retail propositions and experiences. These propositions have been tailored to cater for the specific needs of our customers and are underpinned by detailed qualitative and quantitative research.
Overall purpose of role
Take ownership of an exceptional customer and client experience and strengthen relationships by effectively engaging with customers and clients on their terms within a multi-channel environment. The role will log emotive and complex customer and client queries, concerns and complaints related to an extensive range of products and services.
The key accountabilities for this role will include acting as a support for the complaint handlers, providing timely, accurate and comprehensive responses to customers, clients and complaint handlers and their appropriate representatives. Post holders are required to use good judgement and initiative in developing new methods to assist with the complaints both directly and indirectly.
- Deal with complex customer situations and aggrieved, angry and frustrated customers complaints;
- Undertake a detailed review of PPI complaints, which can be protracted and difficult complaints with the aim of resolving as many cases as possible prior to issuing the Bank’s Final Response.
- Develop and deliver timely, accurate and effective responses in a timely manner using the appropriate communication medium (written or verbal)
- Produce exemplary written responses to customers that are grammatically and factually accurate, empathetic and clear.
- concerns and complaints and capturing accurate information and details throughout the end to end customer/client journey to allow meaningful analysis of the data by Specialist team
- Analytical skills to determine cause of complex issues, including ability to assess and understand the associated reputational risk posed by serious customer complaints.
- Ability to empathise with and quell customer anger and discern fact from supposition; often the crux of a complaint lies in resolving “difference of opinions”.
- Confidence to make decisions (often under pressure), exercise judgment and use initiative
- Planning and organisational skills: Ability to work by themselves to resolve individual complaints, and be a participating and supportive team player.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.