Customer Care Representative
No previous knowledge or experience is required.
Your integrity, problem solving, and empathy are all Barclays needs.
You will be working from home. In the future, if offices reopen you will be required to work from Liverpool.
Length: 6 months initially
Working hours: You may be asked to work weekends and out of hours and shift patterns are between 7am - 11pm Monday - Sunday
Working hours during Induction: 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
Barclays Bank is looking for Customer Care Representatives on a contract basis to support its first-class customer experience. Working across multiple channels, the Customer Care colleague will personalize each interaction with a customer, ensuring the best possible experience is delivered at all times.
How are you going to help Barclays’ customers?
- Provide excellent customer service & responses on behalf of Barclays
- Use initiative in developing resolutions by telephone, electronic communications (e.g. email, SMS, Chat) or in person, depending on customer preference, ensuring solutions to derive the right outcome and exceed customer expectations
- Be proactive in understanding the short, medium and long term customer needs and seek to provide personalised and effective outcomes for the customer and the bank at the first point of contact, handing off to the relevant experts where appropriate.
- Clearly communicate with other business areas as required to ensure great customer outcomes
- Adopt a values-based approach when dealing with customers
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements whilst adhering to relevant Policies & Standards
- Correct use of internal systems to ensure that a customer’s records are accurately maintained and are up to date
You will enjoy this role if you are…
- Experienced in operating in a customer-facing or telephony role where service is paramount
- A problem solver
- Resilient and able to cope in a fast-paced environment
- A proactive thinker with strong communication skills
- Strong in computer literacy
- Ability to navigate multiple systems
- Strong in numeracy and literacy skills
- A proficient user of Microsoft Office tools
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please send an email to email@example.com