Customer Care Colleague
Customer Care Colleague
- Location: London, 8 The Broadway, N8 9SX
- Duration: 6 months (initially).
- Hours/week: 35hours per week. Provisional Hours as per brief information**
No previous banking knowledge is needed. You can apply from retail, hospitality, travel, or any customer-related industry. Your integrity, communication and empathy is what Barclays is looking for.
To get you off to a great start, you’ll begin the contract with a six-week training programme, where you’ll learn about Barclays, banking and the role. This training runs from Monday to Friday, from 9-5pm for three days and 12-8pm on two days.
After this, you’ll join the Barclays team in The Broadway, working both in the branch and also from home. Barclays supports customers from Monday to Saturday, between 8am and 8pm and you’ll work 35 hours a week during these hours.
Build your skills with Barclays
Barclays’ goal is to deliver an extraordinary customer experience every time. And the in-branch customer care teams are some of the people who make this happen. Working face-to-face, on the phone, via email or SMS, you’ll create moments that matter to customers.
This is a real opportunity to develop new skills. You’ll start with a six-week training programme, where you will learn about Barclays products, policies and processes. You’ll then be given ongoing support, to help you refine your knowledge and develop your skills. You don’t need banking experience or financial services expertise, just strong communication skills and a customer-focused approach.
How will you help Barclays’ customers?
- Listen, understand and build meaningful relationships with customers, then delight them by offering a professional, caring and outstanding level of service
- Be the first point of contact for customers in the branch, providing solutions and handing over issues to other team members
- Work with your team, be proactive and share ideas on how to improve things
- Manage and balance a till and take responsibility for cash management and control
- Update customers records and complete customer contact information
- A strong and empathic communicator able to offer customers a seamless service
- Organised and able manage your customer diary at the same time as dealing with busy periods of walk-in customers
- Able to use Microsoft Office tools to a high standard
- A real team player
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrollment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.