Customer Care Colleague
No previous banking knowledge is needed. You can apply from the retail, hospitality, travel or any customer related industry. Your integrity, communication and empathy is what we are looking for.
Length: 6 months (initially)
Location: Northampton (Branch based role)
Hours and working pattern: 35 hours a week Mon – Fri 9 AM -5 PM - Once trained will be on a Rota which may include Saturdays , Sundays and evening working
**Please note due to the nature of the role and business demand, your working pattern can change at your manager’s discretion at any time. This working pattern will fall between Monday to Sunday 7am to 11pm. Your flexibility throughout the assignment is therefore required to accommodate this**
Barclays Bank is looking for Customer Care experts to join their team on a contract basis to provide an exceptional customer experience. You will be helping customers to achieve their ambitions and meet their day to day banking needs.
This is an amazing opportunity to pick-up new skills and help create moments that deeply matter to customers. One connection built, one problem solved, one relationship at a time.
How are you going to help Barclays’ customers?
- Provide excellent customer service & responses on behalf of Barclays
- Use initiative in developing resolutions by telephone, electronic communications (e.g. email, SMS, Chat) or in person, depending on customer preference, ensuring solutions to derive the right outcome and exceed customer expectations
- Break down complex issues or customer queries and assimilate a wide range of information to fully understand cause, impact and solution.
- Be proactive in understanding the short, medium and long term customer needs and seek to provide personalised and effective outcomes for the customer and the bank at the first point of contact, handing off to the relevant experts where appropriate.
- Clearly communicate with other business areas as required to ensure great customer outcomes
- Plan and organise with strong attention to detail in preparing for each planned customer contact
- Seek to maximise their own full potential through inviting regular observation, feedback and coaching from peers and leaders, and by committing to actions under the Performance Framework (including 1:1s, Performance and Development conversations), and sharing of best practise between colleagues.
- Adopt a values based approach when dealing with customers
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements whilst adhering to relevant Policies & Standards - outlined in the Code of Conduct and mandatory training
- Ensure vulnerable customers are identified and supported appropriately
- Correct use of internal systems to ensure that a customer’s records are accurately maintained and are up to date
- Make Barclays a great place to work by embracing a culture of change.
- Be proficient in all aspects of money management
- Proactively identify learning opportunities
- Complete mandatory training to ensure knowledge remains up-to-date of the regulatory environment
You will enjoy this role if you are…
- Experienced in communicating with people and give customers a seamless service
- Proven ability to use Microsoft Office tools to a high standard
- Very organised
- Able to effectively manage your customer diary and react to periods of heavy customer footfall
- A strong and empathic communicator
- A real team player
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.