Customer Care Colleague
No previous banking knowledge is needed. You can apply from the retail, hospitality, travel or any customer related industry. Your integrity, communication and empathy is what we are looking for.
Length: 6 months (initially)
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Fees: 11.90 GBP/hour
Shift pattern - Monday - Sunday 7am – 11pm. – 35 hours a week.
4 weeks’ notice given on shift patterns
You might be asked to work weekends and out of hours. Working hours can be between 7 AM-11 PM (Working from home may be a possibility some of the time once trained and IT equipment would be provided).
Barclays Bank is looking for Customer Care experts to join their team on a contract
basis to provide an exceptional customer experience. You will be helping customers to achieve their ambitions and meet their day to day banking needs. This is an amazing opportunity to pick up new skills and help create moments that deeply matter to customers. One connection built, one problem solved one relationship at a time.
How are you going to help Barclays’ customers?
· Understanding Barclays’ products and services
· Using initiative in developing resolutions by telephone, email, SMS, chat, or
in-person, depending on customer preference, to achieve the right outcome and
· Delighting the customer by offering a professional, caring, consistent and outstanding level of service
· Building meaningful relationships with customers
· Being proactive, present, and engaging with clients and colleagues
· Sharing new ideas on how to improve things
· Providing effective banking hall coordination assisting customers and providing everyday banking solutions where appropriate
· Undertaking till management and till balancing and taking responsibility for cash management and controls
· Completing all back office and administration activities such as updating customer records and building customer contact information
· Being proactive in understanding the short, medium and long term customer needs as the first point of contact, handing off to the relevant experts where appropriate
You will enjoy this role if you are…
· Experienced in communicating with people and give customers a seamless service
· Proven ability to use Microsoft Office tools to a high standard
· Very organized
· Able to effectively manage your customer diary and react to periods of heavy
· A strong and empathic communicator
· A real team player
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different
types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer
banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full-service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations, and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence, and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships
with customers, clients, employees, and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included, and empowered to add value.