Customer Care Colleague (Part-time)
No previous banking knowledge is needed. You can apply from the retail, hospitality, travel or any customer related industry. Your integrity, communication and empathy is what we are looking for.
Length: 6 months (initially).
You might be asked to work weekends and out of hours. Normal working hours during training period 8.30am - 3.30pm, once trained 7am - 11pm Monday - Sunday. you will be the first point of contact for customers in branch; and the first point of contact for customers choosing telephone options to contact us.
Hours and working pattern: 17.5Hrs/Week.
Provisional Hours as per brief information**
Monday-Friday 9-5PM, Thursday 10.45-2.30PM, Friday 9-5PM
**Please note due to the nature of the role and business demand, your working pattern can change at your manager’s discretion at any time. This working pattern will fall between Monday to Sunday 7am to 11pm. Your flexibility throughout the assignment is therefore required to accommodate this**
Barclays Bank is looking for Customer Care experts to join their team on a contract basis to provide an exceptional customer experience. You will be helping customers to achieve their ambitions and meet their day to day banking needs.
This is an amazing opportunity to pick-up new skills and help create moments that deeply matter to customers. One connection built, one problem solved, one relationship at a time.
How are you going to help Barclays’ customers?
- Understanding Barclays’ products and services
- Using initiative in developing resolutions by telephone, email, SMS, chat or in person, depending on customer preference, to achieve the right outcome and exceed expectations
- Delighting the customer by offering a professional, caring, consistent and outstanding level of service
- Building meaningful relationships with customers
- Being proactive, present and engaging with clients and colleagues
- Sharing new ideas of how to improve things
- Providing effective banking hall coordination assisting customers and providing everyday banking solutions where appropriate
- Undertaking till management and till balancing and taking responsibility for cash management and controls
- Completing all back office and administration activities such as updating customer records and building customer contact information
- Being proactive in understanding the short, medium and long term customer needs as the first point of contact, handing off to the relevant experts where appropriate
You will enjoy this role if you are…
- Experienced in communicating with people and give customers a seamless service
- Proven ability to use Microsoft Office tools to a high standard
- Very organised
- Able to effectively manage your customer diary and react to periods of heavy customer footfall
- A strong and empathic communicator
- A real team player
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.