Control Assurance Manager
Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
The Operations Control Manager is responsible for delivering an effective control framework which meets the Barclays
Global Standard. The individual will use their extensive knowledge of risk and control principles to define standards and
ensure that essential activities and procedures are followed.
They will partner with Operation Leads to support Management Control Approach. In addition, the role holder will focus
on proactive Risk Management through the identification, documentation and resolution of Risk Events and Risk Issues –
using their knowledge and understanding to perform trend analysis of key risk indicators to report in Risk Forums.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with Barclays Control Framework via Policy and Standards e.g. Issues
Management, Risk Event Reporting, DWBs etc.
- Monitor control performance metrics relating to quality and assurance to enable a global view for Trade &
- Assessment of process transformation, including defining business requirements, implementing control
framework, sign off of Standard Operating Procedures, Process Maps and Lessons Learnt
- Share knowledge and best practice with Operations Control analysts to ensure continuous improvement and a
- Excellent written communication / stakeholder skills
- Attention for detail and ability to analyse data to identify themes / trends
- Ability to succinctly articulate problem statements
- Proactive and able to self manage
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Knowledge, experience and ability to demonstrate an extensive understanding of Operational Risk Frameworks,
policies and procedures (including design assessments and operational effectiveness testing as well as Issue
- Detailed knowledge of the Risk Control Self Assessment (RCSA) process
- Ability to support delivery of strategic change / transformation projects in line with Risk frameworks / impact
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Detailed knowledge of Trade & Working Capital Operations product set and key processes / technologies
- Awareness of Automation Technologies and Data Analytics
- Delivery / support for continuous improvement initiatives
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.