Location: London (Hybrid 3days in the office and 2 days working from home)
Contract Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
The role holder will be responsible for delivering professional secretarial and administrative support to two Managing Directors within BUK Compliance. The role holder will provide cover for other BUK Compliance PAs as and when required and may also be required to assist the team on large meeting arrangements.
- The role holder will have control and take management of the diaries reminding their respective managers of future commitments and matters requiring their attention.
- Acting as gatekeeper – the role holder will be expected to deal with confidential information where discretion and trust are essential
Extensive organisation of internal and external meetings, booking appointments, meeting rooms/hospitability/VC facilities.
- Ensure all calls are answered in a professional manner, messages are taken accurately and passed on immediately.
- Tracking of acceptances and declines for internal and external meetings and taking necessary follow up steps.
- Ensuring all documentation / briefing materials are provided ahead of meetings in a timely manner.
- Booking travel and arranging all logistics in association with travel, arranging visa’s where necessary ensuring the T&E policy guidelines are followed.
- Processing of all expenses both credit card and cash receipts within the T&E policy.
- Managing and organising the on-boarding of new joiners and leavers for the team.
- Managing and tracking of annual leave for the team
- Highly proactive and forward thinking individual with a hardworking, committed, flexible and self-motivated.
- Proven ability to think and plan ahead of schedule when necessary, remaining calm under pressure.
- Must be a strong and adaptable team player who see the role as invaluable to the effective and smooth running of the extended team.
- Proven ability to confidently engage with a variety of stakeholders, from fellow PA counterparts, Senior Management and Senior External Stakeholders.
- Proven ability to take complete ownership of tasks and see through to conclusion in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
- Excellent organisational skills and high attention to details, achieving high pace whilst maintaining accuracy.
- Must be aware of and sensitive to confidentiality issues
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Having worked as a personal assistant previously .
- Strong Organisational skills .
- Proactive person who challenges and looks for improvement
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Be able to use IT Software such as outlook, word, PowerPoint and excel
Where will you be working?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.