Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
The role holder will be primarily focused on managing vertical controls for the Compliance Function. The role also operates as the key point of contact for matters relating to the Compliance office in Glasgow
- Management and support across a wide range of COO activities, including.
- The Compliance office space in Glasgow; acting as the key point of contact for any issues, continuous improvement, delivering on the site lead’s priorities.
- Payments to third party suppliers; liasing with suppliers and contacts in the Function to ensure we adhere to the controls and our responsibilities around payments.
- Conflicts of Interest; managing the register for the Function, regular reporting to stakeholders.
- Records Management and Data Quality; managing the controls relating to Records Management for the Function.
- Technology systems and applications; managing programmes of work relating to Technology upgrades.
- Headcount and resource management; managing the process of recruitment and on boarding colleagues.
- Highly organised and methodical; working in a systematic way; an ability to progress and support multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to meet deadlines by successfully prioritising and co-ordinating the input from multiple sources.
- Experience in a service provider/service recipient environment with a clear focus on the customer.
- Comfortable with managing and enhancing process where necessary.
- Business analysis skills to enable requirements capture and interpretation including process mapping and process design.
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.