Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
To provide expert contract oversight of Barclays Asset Management Limited, a regulated fund management company entity. Such oversight to be of all activities relating to this entity, and where relevant to Dublin and Luxembourg fund ranges, which operate through third party management companies.
In particular, the successful candidate will be able to provide effective review and challenge in relation to matters including:
- Product governance
- Regulatory change oversight (in conjunction with functional partners, particularly Legal)
- Fund launches and fund closures/mergers
- Investment risk management oversight including liquidity oversight
- Ad-hoc and regular reporting
- Individual fund governance
- Assessment of Value reporting & product pricing
- Sustainability factors under UK & EU legislation
- KIID & prospectus review
- Understand the role of Compliance, its activities and knowledge of regulatory requirements, principles, rules and guidance in relation to investment business and other financial services, including retail banking.
- Understand management reporting and governance requirements in a regulated financial services organisation.
- Fund management expertise – the successful role-holder will have strong knowledge of fund management activities and related regulatory rules and guidance, preferably through experience in a related compliance or legal role
- Execution skills – ability to proactively set deadlines for the business and monitor progress, escalating if required; ability to proactively set deadlines for compliance actions and deliver them on time
- Drafting and communication skills – excellent verbal and written communication skills required, given responsibilities for drafting relevant Board papers and liaising with regulatory bodies.
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.