Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
The Business Analyst team lead activity to design the principles and procedures that are required to deliver a remediation project within the RCS team. The focus of the role is to shape remediation projects, defining the customer redress principles and working with data and modelling teams to agree customer populations and redress values to be taken forward to delivery. The role is also a key link to subject matter experts who sit in business teams and have knowledge of products and systems which is needed to inform the approach taken.
Data is a key part of what we do, and this role plays an important part in that by working with modelling and data and analytics teams to analyse the data to inform the design of the processes and procedures that support delivery of the project. The role will also act as a trouble shooter during execution, drawing product and systems knowledge to define innovative solutions to solve issues that arise as redress is given to different cohorts of customers, both those who still bank with Barclays and those that do not.
- Using Business Analysis methodologies and tools to design and shape remediation projects including in the definition of population and redress principles.
- Lead the documentation of requirements for remediation projects.
- Key interface with Data and Modelling teams to drive a data driven approach to project design and execution.
- Ensure consistency of approach across remediation projects – including with communications to clients, colleagues and stakeholders.
- Management and production of Management Information to inform a wider range of stakeholders of project progress and any hotspot areas of concern.
- Look for opportunities to continuously improve processes, methodologies, and tools and roll these out across the team.
- Work through complex issues, defining innovative solutions to problems that arise during the course of projects.
- An understanding of Business Analysis methodologies and ability to demonstrate to apply these in the work environment through experience in current role.
- Comfortable in both data and business environments and an ability to translate between the two.
- Comfortable with complexity and uncertainty. Dealing with this with a willingness to challenge how things are done with creative and innovative new ideas.
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders to build a collaborative and transparent approach to design and delivery.
- Adept at planning and prioritising both your own and others work to make sure that commitments are met.
- A strong communicator both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Barclays UK, its Purpose, businesses, products and customers.
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.