ocation: Cheshire, London & Northampton
Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
Take prime responsibility, working with the Project/Programme Manager and stakeholders to identify, quantify, plan and control all Business Analysis related activity on a complex and diverse range of business change project/programme from initial scoping, requirements gathering, through to operational design. Assess, design, develop and implement new business processes, systems, products and services that are the deliverables from a strategic business change project as part of an overall strategic business change programme. Initiate, formulate and present recommendations based on varied and detailed insight analysis in
order to influence the decisions made by stakeholders and the overarching design. Own and direct specific deliverables within the Business Analysis workstreams.
- Support business in defining the project and producing project definition, viability assessments and shaping
design, through provide data analysis and scenario modelling.
- Responsible for the production of business focused Business Analysis deliverables throughout the lifecycle
of a programme/project including amongst others solution option generation, current state analysis, to-be
modelling, requirements gathering and documentation in both waterfall and agile terminology, business
operating model generation and impact assessments.
- Builds trust and confidence from wide ranging stakeholders covering senior business representatives,
control functions, technical delivery partners and impacted areas in order to fully understand current
state position, to-be aspirations and potential solutions to reach them.
- Facilitator of collaboration across a diverse range of stakeholders and teams, able to present often
complex scenarios in easy to understand ways enabling projects to move forward with design
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills, making relationships work and with advanced level or
presentation and documentation skills, often involving senior and challenging stakeholders at all levels of
- Practicing level of Barclays UK operational landscape and expert ability to drive commercial success and
innovate for the future.
- Ability to positively influence, challenge and negotiate with others by demonstrating core values and
- Highly organised and expert in facilitating collaboration amongst others.
- Expert in designing and delivering complex and strategic business solutions, based on advanced data
analysis, requirements definition and operational design.
- The right candidate will be change and action orientated with a focus on continuous improvement.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Business Analysis methodologies with proven track record of delivery involving business
analysis skill sets – process mapping, option generation, requirements gathering and solution execution.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
• Industry standard BA qualification, nice to have but not essential.
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.