London (remote role)
Length: 6 months
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join on a contract basis to join the Operational Controls team within BUK and Business Banking. Here you will support with the identification and articulation of business requirements, support the Project Management Office, and help develop the necessary governance frameworks for Business Banking data.
What will you be doing?
- Manage the Project Management Office to ensure senior leadership are aware of progress being made, programme risks, and milestone changes.
- Support the identification, development, and articulation of business requirements, working across Business Banking teams to codify their requirements for enhanced data
- Support the development of a target operating model and governance framework that will ensure management has suitable oversight of Business Banking data.
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience as a Business Analyst on programmes in large, matrixed, and complex businesses is a must
- Strong communication skills and proven analytical skills are required
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience with enterprise data management is desirable but not essential
- Experience running or working in a Project Management Office also desirable
- Knowledge of SQL in particular will be desirable but not essential
Where will you be working?
This role is completely remote
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.