Length: 6 months with a possibility for an extension
Barclays HR purpose is making Barclays a great place to work. HR Optimisation contributes to this by enabling the HR function become simple, efficient and insightful. This is realised through the delivery of an exceptional transformation experience across the portfolio of strategic initiatives.
This role will require strong collaboration with leaders and colleagues from HR and the broader business, in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Overall purpose of role
Undertake a broad range of project based activities (including, but not limited to analysis, change management, project support, engagement, stakeholder management etc.) to support deliverables and meet project objectives across a range of initiatives of varying size and topic.
The role holder will need to adapt to provide the support required for each project, but accountabilities may
- Work to understand business problems often helping to bridge the gap between the customer / business stakeholder and teams
- Help to create the ideation/ problem statement that describes what needs to be done and why – helping to drive alignment and informing the definition and Business objectives
- Define the Business objectives that form the backlog of tasks to be done based on the customer or colleagues needs and journeys. This includes gaining agreement from the relevant stakeholder, iterating through development
- Identify key improvement opportunities in processes and quantify associated business benefits
- Lead and facilitate requirements workshops and process review sessions with the Accountable Executive, SME’s and the overall project team
- Applying the right processes, tools, methods and skills to manage the delivery of a small project from business case through to closure
- Provide support to Project Managers on larger initiatives by maintaining and actively managing project documentation and producing complete, accurate project reporting and MI
- Contribute and participate in one or more practice areas
- Creating, maintaining and actively managing project based documentation
- Be able to work alongside stakeholders with limited project experience to ensure right information and documentation is gathered and analysed
- Ensures that stakeholder mapping and stakeholder plan is comprehensive and considers internal and external stakeholders
- Communication to key stakeholders/groups to keep them informed of key changes and potential impact of the project outcome through published status report
- Facilitate negotiation/mediation between different stakeholders to aid decision making process
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Apply evaluative judgement and analytical skills to operate effectively within a complex and changing environment
- Understand the requirements and perspectives of stakeholders and integrate into their understanding of complex situations
- Analyses problems and evaluates options in a logical and systematic way
- Seeks the advice of stakeholders to better create clarity in complex situations, understand problems, evaluate options and make decisions
- Escalate risks and issues to the appropriate level and with clear articulation and proposed response
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Demonstrable Project experience on at least 1 large scale project
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Logical approach to understanding and solving business problems
- Experience working in a Change environment, working on business driven initiatives with cross functional delivery impact in Financial Services
- Very strong organisational and time management skills
- Project Management capability and experience
- A team player but self-reliant and able to work on own initiative
- Confident at using data and analysis to support conclusions
- Excellent PC skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, MS Project and Visio skills
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Project management capability and experience
- Experience working within an HR function
Purpose and Values
Our purpose is creating opportunities to rise. We support sustainable and inclusive growth by connecting the ideas, innovations and aspirations of our customers and clients to the capital that can bring them to life. For over 325 years we have funded progress, and today we remain committed to helping make our world more sustainable, more inclusive and more connected.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.