Business Analyst - AVP
Overall purpose of role
This Business Analyst role will support a large workstream across a Global Group wide Culture Programme. It will involve working with multiple stakeholders across multiple Transaction Cycles within HR, and across the bank more broadly.
· The role holder will work to understand business problems often helping to bridge the gap between business stakeholders and Change & Technology teams
· Help to document the ideation / problem statement that describes what needs to be done and why – helping to drive alignment and informing the definition and Business objectives
· Define the Business objectives that form the backlog of tasks to be done based on the customer or colleagues needs and journeys. This includes gaining agreement from the relevant stakeholder, iterating throughout the change
· Identify the change which will be required between the envisaged “Target State” and the “Current State” and together with the appropriate Change/Project Manager, develop an appropriate plan to address the change needs. This is likely to include:
o the design and documentation of existing or new processes
o the management or support of tasks relating to organisation or location changes
· Lead and facilitate requirements gathering workshops and process review sessions
· Identify key improvement opportunities in processes and quantify associated business benefits
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
· Takes ownership for stakeholder management of key stakeholders to enable successful implementation
· Ensures that stakeholder mapping & stakeholder plan is comprehensive and considers internal and external stakeholders
· Communication to key stakeholders/groups to keep them informed of key changes and potential impact of the project outcome through published status report
· Facilitate negotiation/mediation between different stakeholders to aid decision making process
Decision-making and Problem Solving
· Ensures systematic problem solving where options are evaluated and decisions align with the values and all are documented
· Adapts to changing requirements, re-prioritising and changing course as necessary
· Ensures any decisions are made with consideration of the short and long-term impact on key stakeholders
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
· AVP level demonstrable Project experience, working on business driven initiatives with cross functional delivery impact in Financial Services
· Experience working as a Business Analyst on large scale HR transformation programmes, preferably in Culture and Leadership
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills. Able to work with and present to senior stakeholders.
· Excellent PC skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, MS Project and Visio skills.
· Business Analyst accreditation and Agile preferred
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way. Put simply this is the answer to the question ‘What is Barclays for?’ and it should guide our every action as employees.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.