VP Communications and Engagement
Overall purpose of role
Provide a combination of strategic and operational project support to Talent Acquisition. The role holder will have three main areas of responsibility:
- Support Talent Acquisition with key strategic project and process activity, taking accountability for producing and maintaining documents, owning data flow processes and coordinating activity – specifically in the areas of Communications & Engagement.
- Continually improve and innovate within Talent Acquisition to ensure maximum efficiency and drive a continuous improvement culture.
- Own specific projects or deliverables on behalf of Talent Acquisition working across the wider community and acting as a conduit and central collation point for strategic deliverables, specifically in Communications & Engagement.
Projects & Support - 30%
- Overseeing the creation of presentations and various operational and strategic outputs and engaging with senior stakeholders to share outputs.
- Anticipate the needs and requirements of the global Talent Acquisition teams using initiative and judgement
- Plan appropriate follow up measures whilst minimising operating in a risk and control environment
- Strong organisational and communication skills to achieve timely delivery of projects
- Participates actively with initiatives and pan-team project work as appropriate, promptly identifying potential impact and ensuring beneficial initiatives are developed and implemented.
- Identify and constantly improve effective ways of working within the function and with the wider business.
- Contribute to a culture of innovation, driving and delivering improvements and co-ordinating activity.
- Support the creation and execution of TA communications and engagement plans.
- Drive innovative ways to drive engagement across TA.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
Operational Delivery – 30%
- Contribute to strategic Talent Acquisition communications and engagement through engagement with all TA sub-services, demonstrating an understanding of each service
- Contribute to TA-wide projects, acting as a communications SME and advising on project specific communication plans
- Work with HR and Group communications teams, as well as Culture teams to feed into central planning
- Ensure understanding of sign-off processes
- Contribute to strategic Talent Acquisition design ensuring that delivery aligns to strategic vision and operating model, challenging inefficiencies where necessary
- Contribute to strategic business initiatives across Talent Acquisition
- Continue to apply an innovative lens to problem solving, identifying opportunities for efficiency
Collateral Creation - 10%
- Create high quality collateral across a multitude of platforms, showing an eye for detail
- Look for ways to continuously improve and innovate communications across TA
- Identify opportunities for consistency across TA sub-services and review collateral to ensure TA wide activity is underpinned by the central priorities and ambition
Stakeholder Management and collaboration
Collaboration - 25%
- Partner with wider HR function and other teams to ensure project delivery is effectively communicated
Governance – 5%
- Ensure delivery is in line with global policy
- Demonstrate solid understanding and awareness of Talent Acquisition policies and any changes
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to work in a global environment with senior stakeholders
- Good organisation and the ability to plan ahead and foresee issues/risks
- Creative thinking and the ability to adapt to different stakeholder needs and styles
- Ability to prioritise effectively and work proactively
- Strong attention to detail and the individual should be adept at dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to juggle priorities, multi- task and flawlessly execute at speed
- Keen understanding of what it takes to deliver distinctive written and verbal communications, business issues and a demonstrated skill in working with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to adapt quickly to change, switching between deliverables in a fast, effective way
- A strong academic track record
- Sound commercial judgment and overall understanding of the Financial Services
- Proactive, motivated, disciplined individual
- Able to drive and respond positively to change
- Commercially and politically astute
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Demonstrable in experience of creating communications and collateral
- Ability to present communications plans and detail to senior audiences
- Ability to present with impact to audiences in order to drive appropriate action
- Proven ability to work independently, and as part of a global team
- Expert Skills with MS PowerPoint, MS Word, SharePoint
- Solid qualitative and quantitative problem solving skills
- Proven track record of working on transformation projects in a global organisation across multiple geographies and businesses
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Masters Level Degree or degree
- Commercial and Financial management experience preferred
- Experience in human resources in Financial Services preferred
- Candidate with a combination of analysis, creativity and innovation preferred