Senior UX Researcher - AVP
Length: 6 months
Working hours: 9-6 PM
About the role:
As Senior Design Researcher you will be an experienced researcher capable of leading research activities internally and externally, helping engage project teams and stakeholders with research. The role will involve planning, running and managing research projects to support the creation of beautiful, useful, innovative
products for our 25m UK customers.
What will you be doing?
- Ensure a customer voice is at the heart of everything we do, engaging Designers, Product Owners and other key stakeholders in user-centred design process, highlighting the importance of design research and the value it brings to product and service development. Actively joining the dots between projects and teams to share research and build efficiency and knowledge.
- Lead research initiatives, delivering customer insights and research to inform all stages of product and service development and delivery, defining appropriate research methods, planning and running research activities, and clearly articulating key findings to all stakeholders.
- Be curious about developing new ways design research can help shape propositions and products, comfortable to flex approach and ways of working, collaborating with different teams and agencies, looking at new ways to innovate research methodologies and communicate findings, balancing the required rigor with fast paced product development.
- Actively be part of helping develop the strategy to position Barclays at the forefront of digital banking experiences over the next 2-3 years.
- Actively lead collaborative partnerships with design, research and customer teams to common objectives are worked toward and met.
- Manage and be responsible for customer data within user testing and analytics – ensuring it is managed and shared in a compliant way.
What we’re looking for:
- Financial services background is advantageous
- 4+ years experience in a UX research role (in manager, senior or lead position)
- In depth professional experience leading design research activities, with a strong portfolio of projects showing examples of your work, processes and impact.
- Proven experience of working with a wide range of research methods, for example: lab studies, expert evaluations, participatory design sessions, rapid prototyping, ethnographic research methods, survey development, statistical analysis, and persona development.
- Experience of tools for both formative research and exploration and discovery, and evaluative research for testing and refinement of concepts, prototypes and other stimulus material.
- Experience creating clear methods to successfully communicate key insights to a wide range of stakeholders, looking at ways to build a knowledge base to extract maximum value from all research.
- Experience of designing UX/UI and/or Product Owner background.
- Quant - Survey, card sorting, tree testing, Eye tracking/biometric research,
- Qual - Interviews (F2F/Remote), Guerrilla Research, Ethnographic field studies, contectual, Design Sprints, Personas, Rapid Iterative Testing & Evaluation (RITE), diary studies, focus groups
- Other – workshops, JTBD
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.