Length: 6 months
We create user experiences across all our digital platforms - apps, web, voice, AI. We use multiple tools and processes including but not limited to - customer journey mapping, service design blue prints, prototyping, workshops, UX, UI, responsive design, user flows, design sprints, university collaboration, front end, create and contribute to our digital design language and work closely with user researchers. We partner and collaborate with lots of different teams too, working with developers, product owners, copy writers and legal teams to craft experiences that meet our customers’ needs.
Responsibilities of the Senior Designer
- Delivering consistent, excellent, customer-focused design solutions
- Lead projects, taking responsibility for communication and planning design activities
- Proactively collaborating with colleagues across the business and joining the dots where needed
- Managing stakeholder’s expectations and priorities
- Adhering to human centered design practices
- Keeping abreast of best practices in design led thinking and applying those as a leader both internally and externally
- Be a champion of trailing new and relevant design methodologies and practices and promote across the business
- Create and review design specs for developers (across app and web)
- Ensure the quality of design is high, adhering to design language and challenging when appropriate
- Initiating, acting on and briefing in user research ensuring the right questions are being asked at the right time
- Leading by example and managing junior members of the team where needed
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- 4+ years of experience of designing user centred experiences, with a strong digital portfolio showing examples of your work and processes
- Proven experience of working with UX and/or service design principles and brand guidelines
- Experience creating and contributing to digital design libraries, pattern libraries or something similar
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex technical digital concepts, and present them as simple design solutions
- A team player and clear communicator who can engage with a wide range of people, you are not afraid to call out when things aren’t going right
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- You understand and act on making design decisions based on a range of data and insight
- Proven experience leading designers, developers, stakeholders or clients
- You have experience managing stakeholders and timelines/priority lists
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.