Treasury Product Controller
Treasury Product Controller, AVP level
London (hybrid: 2-3 days/week on-site, 2-3 days/week from home)
Length: 6 months (maternity cover, opportunity to extend)
Our purpose is to balance the supply and demand of money and capital to create sustainable value. We are a trusted partner balancing commercial strategy with prudential constraints and a dynamic, efficient, and open team of diverse talent.
We provide specialist financial support to Barclays Treasury, this includes:
- Controlling and reporting on the transactions that Treasury undertake internally and externally.
- Providing management information to Treasury to enable them to manage risks and financial decisions.
- Partner with the desk and key stakeholders to deliver key infrastructure initiatives.
- Business Partnering with FO to help deliver commercial benefits and optimization opportunities.
- Designing and delivering strategic infrastructure enhancements for the Treasury Desk.
- Desk Head and key stakeholder engagement delivering critical MI on actuals, forecast, and trends.
- Assist in delivering key infrastructure and initiatives for the Treasury Desk.
- Regular 'face to face engagement with FO to align strategic initiatives.
- Supporting ad-hoc requests and queries from Treasury Business and Treasury Finance.
- Assist with the production and design of Forecasting and Planning Analytics.
- Work collaboratively across Treasury Finance to help deliver sustainable results.
- Identify and remediate key controls issues (self-identification / internal assessments, BIA, SOX, etc).
- SME oversight and support of BAU processes – closely partnering with regional Treasury PC teams.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications
- Strong understanding of control environments and an ability to identify process enhancements.
- Highly diligent with excellent attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, and manage key stakeholders relationships.
- Ability to interrogate large data sets to identify key themes and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Ability to learn and understand multiple systems with an appreciation of the front-to-back flows.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications
- Treasury product knowledge and experience.
- Business analytics experience.
- Strong Microsoft skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA/CFA qualification. (preferred)
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care, and all the tools, technology, and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK-based roles, we will consider requests that the role is based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.