Treasury Product Control VP
Overall Purpose of Role:
The purpose of Treasury is to balance the supply and demand of money and capital to create sustainable value. Treasury Product Control are a trusted partner balancing commercial strategy with prudential constraints and a dynamic, efficient and open team of diverse talent.
We provide specialist financial support to Barclays Treasury, this includes:
• Controlling and reporting on the transactions that Treasury undertake internally and externally
• Providing management information to Treasury to enable them to manage risks and financial decisions
• Partner the desk and key stakeholders to deliver key infrastructure initiatives
To act in a hybrid role as both Project Manager across a number of initiatives and as a business and process analyst in specifically assigned deliverables:
• Designing and delivering strategic infrastructure enhancements for the Treasury Desk
• Business Partnering with FO to help deliver commercial benefits and optimisation opportunities
• Assist in delivering key infrastructure and initiatives for the Treasury Desk and wider bank. These include:
Infrastructure changes such as Platinum/ Summit system Decom
New product on boarding, such as annuities
Libor Treasury Transition
• Work closely with Front Office and Technology teams to align strategic initiatives and improve MI reporting
• Implement governance and tracking tools across Projects to help balance resource and time
Risk and Control Objective:
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
• Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders and colleagues across different functions and regions
• Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise work load effectively
• Proactive approach to identifying issues and strong problem solving skills
• Confidence to make decisions, balanced with an awareness of when to escalate or consult more senior colleagues before acting upon a decision and ability to negotiate the right solutions to ensure projects stay on track
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
• Change management / project management / business and process analyst experience
• Highly diligent with excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage key stakeholders relationships
• Ability to master new subject domains quickly and learn and understand multiple systems with appreciation of the front to back flows
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
• Technical or business academic credentials preferred
• Treasury product knowledge and experience preferred
Where will you be working?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays?
Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.