Treasury Finance Planning and Analysis
Treasury FP &A (AVP)
London (remote to start)
Contract Length: 6 months (With potential to extend)
We are looking for a Treasury Finance FP&A to join the Treasury Finance team. The Treasury FP & A will work with wider Treasury Finance line teams and BP&A teams to ensure accurate, efficient and timely delivery of actual/outlook submissions for Treasury P&L and B/S by Segment and by Legal Entity where relevant
What will you be doing?
- Maintains and improves excel databanks and models to support executive MI output which is presented to senior stakeholders to inform decision making, including Treasury FinForums, Segment FinForums, and Weekly group financial reviews
- Analytically review variances against prior submissions, budgets and prior years, to challenge line team submissions and evaluate impact on outlook assumptions included in forecasts for key decision making
- Owns the production of review of materials for actual & outlook information to support internal Business Planning and Analysis review meetings
- Owns the submission of actual/outlook updates to key finance stakeholders for consolidated segmental reporting purposes, including providing commentary to support key movements against requested comparatives
- Leads the monthly ledger reconciliations process to ensure reported Treasury P&L meets the appropriate level of governance and control
- Builds and maintains working relationships with wider Treasury Finance line teams to deliver Treasury outlook updates including collection of commercial commentary and build understanding of Treasury P&L drivers
- Evaluates and implements improvements in reporting system tool to enhance efficiencies and improve standard processes, coordinating with Technology and Change teams to test and deliver system improvements required
- Work with the Treasury Planning & Forecasting team to understand projections for the upcoming reporting cycle. Own and be responsible for queries raised on all output/deliverables
- Support ad-hoc requests ensuring that we meet high standards to provide a timely response to all queries
What we’re looking for:
- Strong financial management and analysis skills with knowledge of performance management techniques (including good knowledge of Powerpoint)
- Financial modelling and analysis expertise (especially Excel) including analysis of large volumes of data
- Qualified accountant with experience of Business Planning and Analysis (BPA) and/or product control environments
- Good stakeholder management with effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience preparing presentations for communicating information or recommendations on appropriate solutions
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Prior experience in using Hyperion reporting tool preferred
- Good understanding of the Treasury function in a Bank
- Good knowledge of the Financial Reporting requirements of Treasury and the Group
- Other relevant qualifications e.g. ACA, CFA
Where will you be working?
London (although the role will be remote)
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.