Transaction Monitoring Analyst
Location: London (E14 5HP)
Length: 6 months
1-2 days in the office
Overall purpose of role:
The role will focus predominantly on the development and optimisation of Surveillance & TM solutions for in-scope Barclays UK (BUK) and Barclays International (BI) businesses / locations, including;
- Working with Global Surveillance colleagues to support the development, implementation and optimisation of automated Surveillance & TM automated solutions and capabilities
- Collaborating with Global Surveillance leads, key Business, Operational, Technology and Financial Crime stakeholders to understand key priorities for the bank and identify enhancement opportunities
- Leading on innovation within in the field of Surveillance & TM data analytics
- Facilitating the governance and documentation linked to the roll-out of key transaction monitoring solutions.
- Work with colleagues to support the development, implementation and optimisation of Global Surveillance solutions and capabilities, including;
- Supporting regular review & optimisation of Surveillance & TM solutions (vendor or bespoke), maximising effectiveness and efficiency, and ensuring a risk-based approach is taken
- Being involved & assisting the Risk Assessment Team
- Working with Change Management
- Ensuring Surveillance & TM solutions are rigorously built and embedded into routine processes, enabling proactive identification of money laundering and financial crime risks.
- Building and maintaining ongoing feedback loop from key business areas/processes and ensure that requirements are incorporated into developing and optimising solutions
- Develop new / innovative methods to visualise effectiveness of Surveillance & TM solutions
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.