Test Automation Engineer
Test Automation Engineer
About eFIC Markets Execution Technology
The eFIC Markets Execution team is a globally distribution function for Capitals Markets Technology with teams located in London, New York, Prague, Pune, and Singapore, designing and delivering bespoke trading platforms across Foreign Exchange, Fixed Income, Money Markets, Structured Products and the Rates business lines. The teams contribute to enhancing our Market Leading BARX platform which is used globally by Institutional, Corporate and Private Wealth clients.
- This role will focus on QA Automation of a greenfield RFQ platform as part of a series of ambitious strategic growth initiatives for the FX business on the BARX platform. This is part of a significant re-platforming effort to migrate from a desktop fat client platform to new HTML5 based front ends using leading edge desktop containers on top of a microservice backend architecture.
- The application covers multiple assets within BARX including FX Cash, FX Options, Rates Options and MM.
- The QA Automation Team within BARX FX plays a critical role in ensuring the quality of software being released to production is of a very high standard.
- The QA Automation team is responsible for the maintenance, and execution of automated test suites developed using the BARX Auto Test framework.
- The role is to work within the Test Automation team ensuring continued high quality delivery.
- The QA automation engineer will work closely with the development teams from the start of development in order to advise on what is needed to facilitate automation and to understand the test cases that will be required to achieve full test coverage.
- Taking part in whole team daily meetings from the outset of a project to discuss issues, progress and blockers.
- Providing training, support and specific scripts to them to help design and build maintainable automated test suites.
- The role will require interaction with both senior Front Office Trading and Sales stakeholders at the Director and Managing Director level across multiple regions.
- GUI testing with automated tools (e.g. Selenium)
- API testing, especially RESTful APIs
- Server-side testing experience (e.g. message/response testing, communication protocols, middleware technologies, log file interrogation/debug etc.)
- Writing automated tests within automation frameworks/tools
- Strong level of Java coding for writing automated tests
- Some hands-on experience with Oracle and SQL
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations, and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees, and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.