Tax Operations Analyst
Length of contract: 6 months initially
Location: London (2-3 days at the office)
Tax Operations operates within the Shared Operations Business Area and is one of the responsible departments for primarily ensuring the submission of tax returns and the payment of tax deposits in a timely accurate manner. We are looking for a Tax Analyst on a contract basis who will be responsible for the periodic withholding of taxes and remittance of these to the Tax Authorities and for the annual reporting to Tax Authorities.
- Reporting of income and/or transactional data to both internal and external clients
- Ensuring Dividend/Coupon tax relief is attained for Firm and Client positions, either via Relief at Source or Tax Reclaim submission
- Operate daily controls and tasks to ensure the department’s Regulatory Tax obligations are completed within the expected timeframes – tax remittance, reporting, submitting returns, filing tax relief/reclaim forms
- Perform daily Client Money/CASS Regulatory submissions to ensure Regulatory compliance
- Collaborate with Change and Technology partners to design and test system developments and updates to ensure adherence to Regulations and improvement of existing processes
- Assist the trading desks in resolving P&L sensitive queries
- Previous working experience in the Investment Banking world (not in retail)
- Capable of manipulating large sets of data records and transactions to deliver on the department’s objectives
- Relevant experience in Middle Office Operations
- An understanding of Investment Banking products (mainly Equity Finance, Stock Loan, Prime Brokerage)
- Strong MS Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, charts, etc.) to assist in problem solving and presenting both issues and solutions
- Capable of creating strong working relationships and networking within a corporate environment
Where will you be working?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays?
Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.