Tax Operations Analyst
Tax Operations Analyst
London (remote role)
Contract Length: 6 months (With potential to extend)
We are looking for a Tax Operations analyst to join the London IB Tax Operations and the International Withholding Tax Function. The individual will form part of a dynamic team and will focus on specialising in Tax Relief at Source (RAS) and Tax Reclaims in accordance with Double Taxation Treaties, Tax withholding queries from clients and Business, Client Asset regulatory requirements etc.
You will form a part of the team ensuring operational tax efficiency over key dates, where transactions across global markets has attracted Withholding Tax, by utilising any available tax relief, either pre or past execution as well as ensuring that FCA regulatory requirements in relation to CASS is satisfied.
What will you be doing?
- Prepare and submit tax relief at source and reclaim documentation for multiple jurisdictions.
- Conduct daily regulatory processes in relation to Client Assets (CASS).
- Answering queries and building/maintaining strong relationships with in house Tax Teams/Clients/Trading Desks/External Stakeholders etc. in relation to International Withholding tax.
- Collaborate in impact assessment of upcoming Regulatory and Market changes.
- Extract, analyse, calculate and reconcile trades and tax reclaim exposures across all markets, and highlight any P&L implications to management and trading desks.
- Support Management in designing and implementing Change to processes and Control Framework where applicable
- Compile and present periodic Risk MI to Management team.
- Provision of Tax analysis and support to key business stakeholders globally
What we’re looking for:
- University qualified (BA Hons or above in a relevant subject – e.g. Investment Banking, Finance, Accounting)
- Experience with International Withholding taxes, Double Taxation Treaties and Tax Relief at Source
- Excellent analytical, attention to detail and time management skills with the ability to manage workload to meet the team’s business objectives
- An appreciation of time criticality and risks arising with Operational Tax processes with an ability to clearly articulate these to Management
Skills that will help you in the role:
- A good understanding of the financial markets (Mainly Equity and Debt securities) and how international taxes work in relation to these
- Foreign languages – ability to communicate in several languages is desired (i.e. German, Spanish, Dutch etc.)
- Excellent Client Service skills
- Ambition and drive to take on additional responsibilities and grow professionally.
Where will you be working?
London (although the role will be remote)
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.