About the Corporation Tax Team
The Corporation Tax team is responsible for corporation tax planning, forecasting, reporting, compliance, risk management and resolution of issues with HMRC.
Within the team there is an interesting and constantly changing mix of work. Time is spent on both business as usual activities and a variety of ad hoc projects, driven by changes within Barclays, opportunities identified or the implementation of new tax, regulatory or accounting standards.
Overall purpose of role
The role involves working within a team of circa 25 corporation tax specialists, across corporation tax forecasting, reporting and compliance.
- Tax compliance
- Supporting review and sign off of corporation tax returns of a portfolio of UK tax resident entities, prepared by an outsourced service provider, ensuring that these have been prepared in line with agreed policies.
- Supporting the preparation of the annual corporation tax return for Barclays Bank PLC, which is prepared by the Corporation Tax team
- Tax forecasting and reporting
- Assistance with corporation tax stress testing processes, which are performed in response to Bank of England and internal stress testing requirements. Assistance with other regulatory reporting requirements.
- Assistance with corporation tax reporting processes, including current tax, deferred tax and effective tax rate calculations at both individual entity and consolidated group levels.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent
- ACA / ATT & CTA (or local country equivalent)
- Practical experience or good awareness of UK tax legislation and tax reporting processes
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to work in a large team and to interact with other teams outside Tax
- Ability to undertake tax analysis and prepare tax workings covering a range of UK tax technical areas.
- Ability to drive improvements in processes
- Willingness to work flexibly and respond to constantly changing priorities
- Knowledge of One Source (tax software) and Longview (reporting software) is preferable, along with knowledge of SAP or other similar accounting systems
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrollment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.