Strategic Cost Partner
Location: Greater London
Length of contract: 6 months
We are looking for a Senior Cost Partner on a contract basis who will be involved to the end-to-end strategic cost finance partnering for the Save and Protect businesses (‘S&P’) and BUK Data and Analytics (‘D&A’). The role is to act as a strategic cost finance business partner for S&P and D&A Total Costs, liaising with cost owners to manage short and long-term financial performance in line with business and cost efficiency objectives.
· act as a strategic cost finance business partner
· financial planning, identifying risks and opportunities to financial plans
· collaborate with and challenge business stakeholders in support of commercial decision
· responsible for overseeing the monthly close process
· development of strategic cost insights covering both financial and operational metrics
· support the BUK Cost Transformation Agenda as well as Product Cost Boards by influencing and supporting the Product teams
· recognised accounting qualification (e.g. ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
· strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills including analytical skills
· commercially minded with significant experience of financial and management accounting
· ideally, Financial Services/Banking industry experience
Where will you be working?
1 Churchill Place, London, Greater London
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.