STG Project Lead - Product Control
STG Project Lead - Product Control
Length: 6 months
About the role:
Product Control has a significant presence and role within the organisation. There is a close working relationship with the trading desks and other areas focusing on control, service and reporting. We are a central point of contact for many issues that affect the bank including new product approval, model validation and independent verification of derivative valuations. By placing a heavy emphasis on information technology and focusing on project work we are able to address control and operational risks and meet our internal and external obligations.
What will you be doing?
- Liaise with STG team to understand and document deliverables
- Develop a good understanding of the critical BAU processes identifying inefficiencies
- Document and understand existing systematic issues and their impact on deliverables
- Propose strategic and tactical change across all STG deliverables and processes
- Produce metrics to measure change and its benefits
- Coordinate and lead meetings with various stakeholders as part of the review process
- Documenting, planning and tracking progress to update senior stakeholder quickly and effectively
- Working closely with IT and STG stakeholders to implement change following the reviews findings
- Independently managing time and work flows
- Ability to fully understand complex IT infrastructure and their purpose in relation to STG
- Self-motivated team player, take ownership, accountability, organizational/prioritization skills, proactive, ability to multitask
What we’re looking for:
- Fully Qualified – CIMA/ACCA (or Equivalent Qualification/ Experience)
- 10 years + experience required with an Investment Bank in Product Control or Financial Control
- Experience of project change and stakeholder management
- Strong understanding of Trade Life Cycle flow, p&l production and financial reporting
- Candidate should have hands on experience of using and interpreting various risk system and subledger/settlement system and front office systems
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Responsible attitude with sound time management skills, and the ability to meet deadlines
- Good understanding of IT oriented methods and approaches
Where will you be working?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.