Sox Controls Assurance
Location - Glasgow/London
Duration - 6 months
PAYE Direct - Inside IR35
About Chief Controls Office (CCO)
The CCO is structured to mirror and support the overall bank, with CCO teams looking after the Technology, Risk, Compliance, Security and Finance functions across Barclays UK, Barclays International and Barclays Execution Services legal entities.
Overall purpose of role
The role of Controls Assurance is to support the Barclays annual Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) process. This includes the review and assessment of process documentation, performing design effectiveness assessments, operating effectiveness testing, and assessment of control issues. This also includes driving improvements across the SOX front to back process and wider control environment across the Bank.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate your excellent background in Auditing, finance within the financial services industry. Being able to identify, document and testing controls - have a good understanding of COSO framework and SOX requirements and its application to internal controls for financial reporting. Ability to understand, implement and drive improvements to a risk & control framework.
- Conduct SOX Design Effectiveness Assessments (DEA) which includes documenting the walkthrough meetings and procedures
- Conduct SOX Operating Effectiveness Testing (OET) which includes preparing a detailed request list, selecting appropriate samples for testing and executing the testing in line with Barclays SOX Methodology
- Identifying and communicating any DEA and OET deficiencies and following up with control owners to ensure deficiencies are resolved in a timely manner
- Strong understanding of internal controls and governance including knowledge of financial accounting and products, control governance and SOX
- Execution and delivery-focused, able to drive a process forward effectively and efficiently in a timely manner; able to effectively challenge current processes and develop recommendations
- Effectively communicates and influences different audiences using suitable channels for achieving clear outcomes, consensus and conflict resolution.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbie.