Location - Manchester
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Procurement operates the global sourcing, purchasing, supplier and spend management functions for Barclays within the Chief Operating Office (COO) and is responsible for working in partnership with Business Units (BUs) and suppliers to deliver innovative solutions for Barclays.
During this role, you will demonstrate your excellent knowledge around buying software applications across both existing and new suppliers. Further to this, you will have previously worked in a control environment, where you understand all the key regulations around both internally and with key suppliers.
The right individual will provide category specific sourcing knowledge and experience to enable the effective:
- Leadership of end to end sourcing process
- Management of the commercial negotiations with third party suppliers
- Management of key business stakeholder relationships
- Identification and mitigation of business risks
The successful candidate will provide strong category knowledge and sourcing support to develop robust sourcing plans. Sourcing plan will support end to end sourcing activity including the management of commercial negotiations with third parties, liaising with key business users across Barclays to ensure favourable commercial terms which mitigate business risk.
Sourcing is required to work collaboratively and strategically with the Client, internal Procurement teams, Legal and the necessary subject matter experts (SMEs).
The successful candidate will:
- Have a detailed knowledge of commercial models and approaches/techniques necessary to achieve best in class deals across their category.
- Have excellent contract negotiation skills in the context of the financial services industry and or regulated services environment, and strong networking and stakeholder management skills
- Be recognised internally as a subject matter expert in the context of their category
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.