Sourcing and Category Manager
Sourcing and Category Manager - AVP
Northampton, Radbroke or Manchester
Length: 6 months
About the role:
The role holder will be a senior sourcing and category manager within the Sourcing Domain of Procurement. They will have responsibility to shape and execute Category plans and deals within Corporate, Operations and Professional services with a focus on categories such as HR, Professional Services, Marketing ad Operations.
It is very important that with respect to the implementation aspects of the role, there is a very high expectation to work closely in partnership Across Procurement including Client and Supplier Management teams and the business stakeholders to provide an end to end view of the category supplier lifecycle, to maximise value, whilst
reducing risk to the firm.
The role holder will provide a level of category knowledge and sourcing support to shape category plans aligned to business outcoms and where required support sourcing events/processes.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for key process activities across the sourcing team ensuring adherence to all control, risk and governance processes.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Barclays procurement structure, policies and procedures, and ensure Management Assurance results with high degree of compliance, and all project documentation is kept current with a high degree of accuracy. The role holder will be able to explain and share this understanding with stakeholders during category planning and deal execution.
- Maintain currency and compliance in all required policy, tools and systems training.
- The role holder will be required to build and maintain a strong operational and strategic network with other Sourcing colleagues to improve sourcing processes and capability.
- The role holder will be able to work under pressure and multi-task to support a number of concurrent deals with multiple sourcing managers, stakeholders, contract managers and suppliers
- Work with the POD Leads, Supplier Managers and key business stakeholders to agree short and longer term strategy that will optimise supplier costs whilst enabling the business to maintain appropriate service levels and minimise risk.
- Executing all projects in accordance with policy and evidenced by management assurance testing results.
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive proven experience in Procurement
- Strong deep and broad strategic Sourcing experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills – both written and verbal
- Project Management and execution, including collaborative stakeholder management
- Managing resources in a matrix environment
- Good communication skills, consultative business partnering approach
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Practical training in a reputable blue chip or consulting approach to procurement/category management and process design
- MBA/Post-Grad degree
- Experience working within Financial Services
Where will you be working?
Northampton, Radbroke or Manchester
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.