Social Purpose Workstream Manager
Social Purpose Workstream Manager
Purpose of the role
The role holder will be responsible for managing and delivering to the objectives of the Social Purpose Enterprise Programme, which is a key part of the Transform agenda. The Social Purpose vision is to “embed social purpose at the heart of Barclays UK to help customers, businesses and communities progress and live more sustainably”, and the programme covers 4 key areas to deliver this; Unlocking Skills and Employment, Unlocking Sustainable Growth, Greener Homes and Greener Businesses. This role will be focused on Unlocking Skills and Employment and how Barclays can use it’s vast and growing assets to help further deliver more in financial, digital and employability skills.
- Ownership of Unlocking Skills and Employment workstream within Social Purpose
- Maintain and develop the strategy for the workstream, engaging with key stakeholders to ensure alignment and collaboration
- Work with colleagues across BUK to aid delivery of the strategy for the workstream to make a positive impact for our customers and society
• Bring through other elements of the Social Purpose programme where applicable (e.g. Sustainability) to help maximise the overall impact for Social Purpose
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Experience of proposition development and delivery – including customer insight development, proposition design and delivery planning
- Strong organisational skills, proactivity and ability to balance competing demands of multiple initiatives
- Strong problem solving skills – ability to bring together the pieces of the jigsaw to complete a full picture that makes sense to customers, and ability to overcome and push through any obstacles placed in the way
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrollment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.