Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager AVP
Length: 6 months
Working hours: 9-5 PM
About the role:
Responsible for the overall leadership and delivery of projects requiring significant effort in business and technology processes and systems resulting in transformational change. Overall accountability and end-to-end delivery
management for a set of related initiatives as defined by our business and portfolio framework
What will you be doing?
- Accountable for project delivery activities aligning to the business case, scope, schedule and cost constraints inherent within the change environment at the project level and how they intersect with key enablers required for successful delivery (integration management, scope management, time management, cost management, quality management, HR management, communications management, risk management and procurement management).
- Accountable for programme planning, including the progressive elaboration of scope into detailed work packages underpinning a critical path at the project level.
- The creation, management, and execution of a risk management framework including risk trigger/identification, risk assessment, risk control, and risk mitigation.
- The creation and execution of a project control framework encompassing resource management, financial control management and governance/compliance management.
- Accountability for the delivery of an end-to-end business and technology solution supported by the supply chain (internal and external) across multiple processes, systems and infrastructure.
- A role model in terms of behaviour and commitment to collaboration across Barclays UK. Lead and champion key activities to enhance the wider team culture such as but not limited to: Citizenship, Knowledge share, Process & Tools, Resource Assignment Management, Recruitment & Onboarding, Professional Development and Culture.
- Be a key influencer in ensuring projects leverage the Citizenship Lens to 'do the right thing' for customers and, wherever appropriate, support the corporate ethos of being a force for good in the community.
What we’re looking for:
- Project Management/Business Change experience in cross functional teams
- Successful stakeholder and supplier management – internal and external
- Evidence of successful people leadership at a mid-management level within a large organisation in a cross matrixed environment
- Financial services/banking experience
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Industry expertise to add value to business requirements through expert advice and support
- Desired Project Management professional accreditation from the Project Management Institute
- Graduate calibre with some commercial management experience across a number of business disciplines
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Dynamic workingWe’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.