Senior Product Delivery Manager
Duration - 6 months (Initially)
PAYE Direct Only
Location - Northampton
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
The delivery of our strategy is underpinned by the energy, commitment and passion of our people, and we are clear on our common purpose: creating opportunities to rise. We are a company of opportunity makers working together to help people rise – customers, clients, colleagues andsociety.
Cards & Payments (‘C&P’) is part of Barclays International, it is a leading global consumer payments company and a pioneer in new forms of payment. The company helps consumers and businesses to make and take payments, and to access short-term credit and point-of-sale finance. C&P operates in the UK as a portfolio of businesses including merchant acquiring, commercial payments, corporate credit cards and point-of-sale finance.
This role supports Barclays Payments which is comprised of Barclaycard Commercial Payments (BCP), a leading corporate cards and virtual card payments platform, and Barclaycard Payment Solutions (BPS), the UK’s second largest merchant acquirer with over 50 years of experience in payment processing.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds
Barclays Values & Diversity
Our common purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way. We’ll measure and reward our people, not just on commercial results, but on how they live our Values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship and bring them to life every day.
Overall purpose of role
Management and implementation of projects up to £10m to deliver new capabilities to Barclaycard Commercial Payments (BCP) and Barclaycard Payment Solutions (BPS) including changes to new products and services aligned to Small Business strategy, Corporate Product development roadmaps and external regulation.
- Establish and anchor the change project to facilitate transition to the target state and decrease a project's deployment risks. Includes defining the target state, identifying change structure roles and responsibilities, assessing and classifying impacts of the change on stakeholders and stakeholder groups, defining the appropriate change initiatives to manage the impacts of the change and developing and updating the Change Plan.
- Manage activities in a change project. Includes engaging stakeholders, from both the business and Technology in the change effort and ensuring they are ready to adopt the coming changes, measuring and reporting change progress.
- Plan and support labour relations and/or employee relations discussions, as necessary.
- Chair regular progress reviews of the project and report progress.
- Responsibility for quality on the project, with the responsibility of ensuring that the project has the relevant documentation to evidence satisfactory control at the Control Boards that need to be presented to in order to gain agreement to proceed to the next phase of the project or to satisfy audit requirements
- Project manage all aspects of a change project, including project planning, estimating, budgeting, resource allocation, financial management and time management for project up to an SI value of £5-10m or a portfolio of smaller change initiatives up to £5-10m SI or a project with increased complexity.
- Work with business-side clients to produce clear sets of requirements which enable the business to realise their required benefits
- Oversee the delivery of pragmatic business and operational design solutions which maximise benefits while achieving the desired business outcomes
- Managing effectiveness metrics of projects and services
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
- Strong and proven track record in Project Management and Good knowledge of the payment card business and or the payment processing (acquiring) business
- Experienced in implementing new products and services
- Customer orientated – understands how our internal activities affect our customers
- Knowledge of our products and services, the minimum requirements for them and how they have been implemented on our technology platforms
- Lead cross-functional teams who have designed, developed and delivered new innovative products
- Experience of working with Technical Architects, Database Designers, and 3rd Party Infrastructure/Hosting SMEs
- Experience of continuous improvement and problem solving techniques
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is to create opportunities for people to rise- customers, clients, colleagues and society. Put simply this is the answer to the question ‘What is Barclays for?’ and it should guide our every action as employees.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.