Location - WFH foreseeable
PAYE Direct only
Duration - 6 months (Initially)
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
About Barclays Partner Finance:
Barclays Partner Finance (BPF) is one of the UK's leading providers of point-of-sale (POS) finance to consumers through a network of client partners in UK Retail market segments. Each year, we offer our retail clients a way to maximise their sales by helping their customers fund purchases; and support consumer purchases in a responsible and transparent way.
About Project Wellington:
Project Wellington has been established to create a holistic programme responsible for the management of various streams of legacy sector & portfolio review for the CFSL lending portfolio, plus any associated remediation and operational/process enhancement deliveries. Given BPF’s compact management structure, this role presents a unique opportunity to take end-to-end ownership of a high profile and complex piece of work, which will have a material impact on our POS franchise.
Overall purpose of role:
The role holder will support the Wellington Lead PMO lead in all aspects of PMO deliverables across Programme Wellington, Barclays Partner Finance
Role is responsible for managing the risks associated with change effectively, deliver on our Programme strategy and satisfy all our stakeholders, we must deliver our initiatives consistently and transparently
Application of the right processes, tools, methods and skills to manage the delivery of a project from business case through to closure.
- Creating and managing the business case for the project
- Being responsible for governance and oversight
- Maintaining and actively managing initiative documentation,
- Determining, monitoring and managing to workforce and financial requirements
- Ensuring that planned outputs deliver the agreed outcomes
- Providing and regularly reviewing an honest, transparent assessment of the project status and RAID
Risk and Control Objective:
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Experience in providing PMO services for large scale transformation programmes
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders across Business, Technology and other areas
- Excellent understanding and experience on project lifecycle, Project Management & PMO methodologies/ tools
- Strong background and proven track record in providing assurance and oversight
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Understanding and experience of BUK’s business, structure and customers
- Understanding and experience of the Regulatory discipline and/or remediation programme management including section 166
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is to create opportunities for people to rise- customers, clients, colleagues and society. Put simply this is the answer to the question ‘What is Barclays for?’ and it should guide our every action as employees.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.