Senior Java Swing Developer
Location: Work from home
Length of contract: 6 months initially
We are looking for a Senior Java Swing Developer on a contract basis who will be responsible for a globally distribution function for Capitals Markets Technology with teams located in London, New York, Prague, Pune, and Singapore, designing and delivering bespoke trading platforms across Foreign Exchange, Fixed Income, Money Markets, Structured Products and the Rates business lines. The teams contribute to enhancing our Market Leading BARX platform which is used globally by Institutional, Corprate and Private Wealth clients.
- Work closely with Front Office Traders to understand new Trading requirements, provide demos of ongoing deliverables for feedback during the product development lifecycle
- Work closely with BAs and PMs, technical leads, QA testers and Quantitative Developers, to design, develop and deliver solutions
- Document new requirements in JIRA and progress them as deliverables within the team
- The role will require interaction with both senior Front Office Trading and Sales stakeholders at the Director and Managing Director level across multiple regions
- Excellent Java programming skills with experience in designing and developing Swing based UI alongside REST API based microservices
- Experience of developing backend Java Services to interact with Java Swing UI GUI screens
- Extensive knowledge and experience of developing low-latency trading systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to work in a globally distribution team of both colleagues and business stakeholders
- Experience of Java unit testing practices, ideally JUnit
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.Our Values
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.Our Diversity
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.Our Benefits
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.