Senior Java Developer
Location: London (Hybrid)
Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
We are looking for highly experienced senior developer / tech lead to join the EFS Direct technology team working with the Structured Products Equity Derivatives business. As part of Markets Execution Technology (ME) the role is primarily focused on Front Office but works with Middle Office, Legal, Compliance and other associated functions as well.
The role requires owning, developing and shipping both revenue generating and regulatory projects in addition to improving the existing system. As a senior technologist you will be responsible for more than just your own deliveries, but that of the team as well. This will require a growth mindset and the ability to train, grow / mentor junior members specially in the off/near-shore locations.
- The role is 70% development and 15% level 2 support and 15% mentoring.
- You are expected to develop high quality maintainable code for yourself and the team.
- You are expected to make technical decisions that require a strong understanding of the problem domain i.e. both deep technology and business product knowledge.
- You are expected to collaborate and communicate globally with other developers and team leads to build technical solutions.
- You are expected to have a strong knowledge of software development methods, tools and standards and ensure the team complies with said practices.
- You are expected to adhere to Policies & Standards appropriate to the role - outlined in the Code of Conduct and mandatory training.
- Extensive experience of developing medium to large scale core Java multi-tier / multi-component applications.
- Experience building application with Spring, Spring Boot, and Hibernate.
- Experience of building server side, highly scalable applications & components.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment (preferably Scrum/Kanban)
- Experience of server side development & multi-threaded code
- Experience of cross-region teams and projects
- Experience of HTTP protocol and web services
- Knowledge of Equity Derivatives/Structured products, specially within electronic markets
- Exposure to Oracle PL/SQL
- Prior experience of managing & deploying applications on OpenShift.
- Experience providing support and resolving production issues
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.