Senior JAVA Developer
Senior JAVA Developer - VP
Length: 6 months
Working hours: 9-5 PM
About the role:
We are looking for a senior developer with strong core Java skills who is ready to accept the challenge of designing and building a completely new system with FinTech aspects from groud up. We are building a team of 7 for this project in London and Prague and you will also be part of a wider well-established team here consisting of nearly 30 experienced professionals (a mixture of developers, PMO, BA/PMs).
What will you be doing?
- Have a unique opportunity to be with the project with FinTech aspects from its very beginning, shape its architecture and future
- Become a member of the Agile team responsible for designing, building and enhancing the Stellar system - the next generation of Barclays’ trade capture and lifecycle matching and reconsolidation platform
- Be responsible for the development and timely delivery of new features and functionalities as well as enhancements to the core systems
- Participate on the architecture and design decisions
- Occasionally interact with the end users to understand issues/feedback and incorporate the same in developing solutions
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the processes and the system
What we’re looking for:
- Relevant experience in Java software development – previous experience as an architect might also help you
- Strong core Java skills including but not limited to Generics, Collections, Multithreading, I/O, Streams and JDBC
- Proficient in reading, writing and debugging multithreaded Java code
- Familiarity with messaging platforms – especially Kafka and MQ
- Knowledge of REST APIs
- Knowledge of relational databases (ideally Oracle DB)
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Able to understand complex problems and translate them into solution respecting OOP fundamentals
- Understanding of enterprise design patterns
- Experience with technologies supporting development, continuous integration, automated testing and deployment
- Team player familiar with Agile development concepts
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Knowledge of the Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT)
- Familiarity with Linux shell scripting
- Knowledge of Oracle Coherence and related relevant experience
- Knowledge of web front-end development using HTML5 and Angular 6+ or similar
- Experience with Python development
What they use:
- Java 8
- Protocol buffers
- Messaging middleware (KafkaACE, Solace, MQ)
- Databases and caches (OracleDB, Coherence)
- Development tools such as: IntelliJ IDEA, Git/BitBucket, Maven, TeamCity, Jira, Confluence, Nexus, JUnit, etc.
- RESTful APIs
- Linux (on servers) and Windows (mainly on desktops)
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.