Senior JAVA Developer
Senior JAVA DeveloperLondon (working from home)
Length: 6 months
About the role:
We are looking for a senior developer with strong core Java skills who is ready to accept the challenge of designing and building a completely new system with FinTech aspects from groud up. We are building a team of 7 for this project in London and Prague and you will also be part of a wider well-established team here consisting of nearly 30 experienced professionals (a mixture of developers, PMO, BA/PMs).
What will you be doing?
- Have a unique opportunity to be with the project with FinTech aspects from its very beginning, shape its architecture and future
- Become a member of the Agile team responsible for designing, building and enhancing the Stellar system - the next generation of Barclays’ trade capture and lifecycle matching and reconsolidation platform
- Be responsible for the development and timely delivery of new features and functionalities as well as enhancements to the core systems
- Participate on the architecture and design decisions
- Occasionally interact with the end users to understand issues/feedback and incorporate the same in developing solutions
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the processes and the system
What we’re looking for:
- Relevant experience in Java software development – previous experience as an architect might also help you
- Strong core Java skills including but not limited to Generics, Collections, Multithreading, I/O, Streams and JDBC
- Proficient in reading, writing and debugging multithreaded Java code
- Familiarity with messaging platforms – especially Kafka and MQ
- Knowledge of REST APIs
- Knowledge of relational databases (ideally Oracle DB)
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Able to understand complex problems and translate them into solution respecting OOP fundamentals
- Understanding of enterprise design patterns
- Experience with technologies supporting development, continuous integration, automated testing and deployment
- Team player familiar with Agile development concepts
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Knowledge of the Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT)
- Familiarity with Linux shell scripting
- Knowledge of Oracle Coherence and related relevant experience
- Knowledge of web front-end development using HTML5 and Angular 6+ or similar
- Experience with Python development
What they use:
- Java 8
- Protocol buffers
- Messaging middleware (KafkaACE, Solace, MQ)
- Databases and caches (OracleDB, Coherence)
- Development tools such as: IntelliJ IDEA, Git/BitBucket, Maven, TeamCity, Jira, Confluence, Nexus, JUnit, etc.
- RESTful APIs
- Linux (on servers) and Windows (mainly on desktops)
Where will you be working?London (working from home)Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
About BarclaysBarclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Our Values Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Our DiversityWe aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our BenefitsOur customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic workingWe’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.