Senior Front Office Developer
Location: London (Hybrid)
Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
We are looking for highly experienced senior developer / tech lead to join the EFS Direct technology team working with the Structured Products Equity Derivatives business. As part of Markets Execution Technology (ME) the role is primarily focused on Front Office but works with Middle Office, Legal, Compliance and other associated functions as well.
The role requires owning, developing and shipping both revenue generating and regulatory projects in addition to improving the existing system. As a senior technologist you will be responsible for more than just your own deliveries, but that of the team as well. This will require a growth mindset and the ability to train, grow / mentor junior members specially in the off/near-shore locations.
- Full stack .NET/C# developer – mainly using .NET framework 4.0+ but with experience of using .NET Core for future system upgrades – with focus on writing clean code.
- The role is 100% hands-on with 70% development and 30% application and business support.
- The role is cross-functional where the role despite being primarily development based will also involve. aspects of business analysis, testing, project management and dev ops with little assistance from others.
- You will be expected to mentor junior team members located in offshore locations.
- Mandatory to follow test as you develop approach – where coded unit and integration tests are written as part of development to prove functionality works as well as how it works.
- You will be expected to collaborate and communicate globally with other developers across other teams within Barclays and business users to build technical solutions.
- You will be expected to have a strong knowledge of software development methods, tools and standards in order to help the team evolve, and actively keep this knowledge current (i.e. desire to learn).
- You should understand the importance of meeting non-functional requirements such as ensuring solutions are performant and scalable and the addressing of technical debt.
- You should be able to demonstrate working knowledge of multiple programme languages (preferably Java, Python) as proof of your versatility and experience as a developer.
- Extensive experience developing medium to large size C# applications and systems.
C#/.NET full stack development from GUI as WPF/ WinForm and ASP.NET MVC / Web Form, Middle Tier using WCF and NServiceBus, Data Access Layer with ADO.NET and ORM such as nHibernate.
- Experience with MSSQL server or equivalent relational database development.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment (preferably Scrum/Kanban) and associated tools such as JIRA.
- Knowledge of issuance, life cycling of structured products or complex financial products.
- Experience of cross-region teams and projects.
- Familiarity with workflow management systems.
- Knowledge of DevOps and building CI/CD pipelines
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.