Senior FO IT Developer
Senior FO Developer
Length: 6 Months
The main focus of the role is to help our Front Office Technology team to meet its targets in delivering on key initiatives for the next year.Projects will range in nature, from developing new global database for risk generated across 3 regions, new back testing framework for structured products, to enhancing Dirac, a distributed risk aggregation system, written in FMD (in house functional programming framework), C# and C++.
What will you be doing?
- Support the RAD applications and solutions suite for the Structured Equity Derivatives desk (Sales, Trading and Structuring), and also for TCU/GFRM/Product Control functions
- Interact with Trading, Operations, and Finance clients as well as team members from the wider IT teams to scope and quickly deliver fit-for-purpose solutions
- Innovate and drive key architectural decisions to deliver the FO IT strategy
- Integrate FO IT solutions into the strategic projects within the department where required
- Provide tactical solutions on business requests to supplement the strategic tool set offerings
What we’re looking for and Key Skills which will help you in the role:
- Technical proficiency demonstrated through a deep knowledge of data structures, algorithms and general problem solving
- Expert in C# and/or Python
- Solid knowledge of SQL
- Some experience in a functional programming language, COM, C++
- Experience working in Front Office Technology, either with other investment bank or hedge fund
- Being comfortable with rapidly changing priorities and short term projects
- Being comfortable learning new languages
Where will you be working?
This role will be based remotely whilst we are taking care to protect our employees, but when it is safe to do so, you will be based in London.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit
for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.