Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography.
About the Experience design team
In the Experience Design team, we put customers first in everything we do. We champion user-centred design thinking and practice while building digital experiences to help transform the second oldest brand in the UK.
What we do
We create user experiences across all our digital platforms - apps, web, voice, AI. We use multiple tools and processes including but not limited to - customer journey mapping, service design blue prints, prototyping, workshops, UX, UI, responsive design, user flows, design sprints, university collaboration, front end, create and contribute to our digital design language and work closely with user researchers.
The successful candidate will demonstrate both their UX and UI knowledge. During this role you will work closely with key stakeholders to understand the design elements of the role and the project, whilst undertaking the project through from initial requirements to delivery of the completed project utilising your User Interface experience. During this position, it is imperative to have a key background working on projects where you have used your strong background in UX and UI.
Responsibilities of the Senior Designer
- Delivering consistent, excellent, customer-focused design solutions
- Lead projects, taking responsibility for communication and planning design activities
- Managing stakeholder’s expectations and priorities
- Keeping abreast of best practices in design led thinking and applying those as a leader both internally and externally
- Ensure the quality of design is high, adhering to design language and challenging when appropriate
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience of designing user centred experiences, with a strong digital portfolio showing examples of your work and processes
- Proven experience of working with UX and UI
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.