Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role
Delivering customer-focused content across our websites, apps and branch materials. Using creative copywriting, masterful editing, customer expertise and stakeholder management to ensure a seamless user experience for a wide range of audiences, including our customers, colleagues and clients. Being a custodian of our brand, a valuable and respected colleague in all projects and an advocate for content that customers actually want and need.
- Be the copy lead on a range of content projects, including some of our biggest and most challenging projects. Take personal accountability for a project’s success and own your workload.
- Be a proactive contributor to a genuinely collaborative and supportive spirit, inside and outside our team – help make it a great place to work
- Be a confident and committed advocate for the Barclays brand and for our customers – try to see things from their point of view, and challenge colleagues to do the same
- Peer review content written by all colleagues in the copy team and by agencies. Apply our tone of voice, house style, content strategy, customer experience principles and best practice for digital user experience. Ensure that when people read, view or hear our content, they recognise the tone as Barclays
- Balance the needs of customers, the business and our legal and regulatory responsibilities. Collaborate with those closest to the topic or specialism to make that balance work. Cut through bureaucracy and focus on the best possible outcomes for our customers, colleagues and clients
- Role-model the Barclays purpose, values and mindset, both within our team and in your interactions with colleagues across the bank
- Make it easy for customers to use our products and services. Use experience, insights and creative brilliance to create content that is personalised, human, honest helpful and effective
- Be curious and experimental. Use established and evolving best practice to deliver content that leads to the best outcomes. This includes customer research, user-centred design, customer personas, content heuristics, comprehensive user testing, A/B and multivariate testing, search and traffic data and verbatim feedback. Introduce and test ideas and working practices
- Proactively look for better and more efficient ways to get things done, and apply this approach to both what we do and how we do it
- Do the right thing for customers, colleagues and clients. Call out or escalate any behaviour that does fit our values and mindset
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Significant experience of copywriting and editing, using a brand style and tone of voice guide. Writing micro copy and providing expert guidance on UX journeys
- Negotiation and compromise with stakeholders at all levels of the business, taking a constructive approach to managing and resolving conflicts or differences
- Focuses on successful outcomes, delivers on promises and hits objectives and deadlines, can plan well and deliver to that plan
- Ability to champion brand tone of voice, and advocate for customer, colleague and client interests in workshops, meetings, presentations and reviews.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- The resilience to stand by their decisions and learn from mistakes, backing up any judgments with analytical reasoning
- Can understand the key elements of a business strategy and translate that into content solutions
- Ability to question and challenge constructively, helping colleagues with their development and finding better ways to do things
- Encourages an environment where colleagues feel free to try out new ideas and turn them into effective ways of working
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.