Senior Business Analyst
Length of contract: 6 months initially
Location: Glasgow (2-3 days at the office)
Market Data Financial Management (MDFM) is a global team responsible for the end-to-end management of all market data services on behalf of BI, BUK and BX. We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst on a contract basis who will be responsible to contribute to delivery of a portfolio of complex projects with senior management visibility within the Market Data space, spanning across multiple domains and Business areas.
- Manage relationships with internal / external stakeholders providing best in-class market data service
- Leverage experience and deep subject matter expertise across Market Data products, services, technology and delivery methods as well as rights-to-use and the nuances various types of data and licenses
- Understand end-to-end project lifecycle, contributing to project documentation, status reports and stakeholder engagements as required
- Adapt any information being presented to match the management level, i.e. provide executive summaries and also be able to understand and articulate the full detail
- Demonstrate understanding of the needs of the business and leverage deep knowledge of market data product and services to challenge where necessary, and present viable solutions to problems
- Ensure updates are regularly communicated, and projects/tasks are prioritized
- Extensive knowledge of Market Data Products and services, technology types and data delivery methods as well as nuances of rights-to-use and types of licensing
- Capable to present to stakeholders including senior leaders across Market Data, the wider Procurement, Technology and Front Office businesses as well as liaise with external vendors
- Superb written and verbal communication skills are a critical requirement of the position. Candidate must feel comfortable to speak over the phone and present in meetings (i.e. confident, succinct, eloquent and clear) and deliverables should be ready for presentation to the highest levels of senior management
- Extensive experience in the Financial Services industry
- Business facing Business Analyst experience; able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Market Data products and services
- Strong PC knowledge, particularly Excel, Outlook, Microsoft word, PowerPoint, Visio; Proficient manipulating excel to produce metrics, pivot tables, charts, etc.
Where will you be working?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays?
Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.