Senior Business Analyst
Start date: As soon as possible
Length of contract: 6 months initially
We are looking for a Business Analyst on a contract basis who will will be responsible for the delivery of new capabilities to Barclaycard Commercial Payments (BCP) and Barclaycard Payment Solutions (BPS) including changes to new products and services aligned to Small Business strategy, Corporate Product development roadmaps and external regulation.
- The Business Analyst primary objective is helping the broader business areas implement technology & non technology solutions in a cost effective way by determining the business requirements of projects or program, and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators, Partners & Customers
- Lead the business requirements phase end to end – producing clear sets of requirements which enable the business to realise their required benefits
- Ensuring that products and services comply with internal and external regulatory requirements
- Responsible for the delivery of pragmatic business and operational design solutions which maximise benefits while achieving the desired business outcomes
- To implement initiatives that deliver high Operational and Service Performance and that are reusable, adaptable and transferable
- Providing direction, support & thought leadership to BA4 & AVP colleagues. Taking ownership for the end to end change control process, ensuring project governance is adhered to at all times
- Strong and proven track record in Business Analyst and Good knowledge of the payment card business and or the payment processing (acquiring) business
- Experienced in implementing new products and services
- Strong relationship management skills, with the ability to demonstrate strong negotiation & persuasion skills
- An ability to rapidly get to the root cause of a problem and identify actions to resolve
- Influencing / networking – developing internal and external business relationships and using own knowledge, skills and experience to influence others opinions and actions
Where will you be working?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays?
Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.